As a charity, Bristol Noise is committed to giving opportunities for the ‘next generation’ to work out what being a disciple of Jesus means in a really practical way. We want to see this generation characterised by an extravagant and selfless love for their ‘neighbour’, ready to be sent out into the brokenness around them, fuelled by a passionate love for Jesus and a belief that they can make a difference.
With this in mind, we want to continue to develop the ‘Bristol Noise Internship’!
We see this internship as an opportunity for us to invest in individuals, help them develop in their gifting and leadership potential, while encouraging a heart for the vulnerable and needy in Bristol.
For the intern this is a great opportunity to be a part of Bristol Noise to see how we operate from the inside. There will be opportunities to see the bigger picture of what we do, to get involved in all the behind the scenes work of The Noise weekend, and to take on different areas of responsibility.
How to apply...
1. Download the application form HERE
3. The closing date for applications is extended to: Friday 28th October 2016
- Character: the intern should have a servant heart and a willingness to get stuck into all activities and tasks big or small.
- Values: the intern should understand and promote the vision and values of Bristol Noise.
- Motivation: the intern should be highly self-motivated, seeking excellence, and able to work hard, proactively and consistently.
- Communication: the intern should have good communication skills.
- Volunteers: the intern should value and promote a volunteer culture, and be able to work well with all Noise volunteers.
The Bristol Noise Internship is aimed at those between 18-24 years old. We are looking for 1 or 2 interns.
The Bristol Noise Internship will run from January 2017 – June 2017. We would like each intern to commit to 8 hours a week with Bristol Noise.
The Bristol Noise Internship is free.
There are a number of ways the Bristol Noise Internship could fit into other opportunities. We would like the internship to be a part of some wider training and life experience. Maybe you are taking a year out after school, before or after Uni, whatever stage of life you are at, here are some possibilities…
1. Mullers Practical Theology Course
This course provides an opportunity to explore the application of theological insights to the practicalities of daily life and is more interested in how the Christian faith, founded on the Bible, is worked out in the everyday lives of believers and less in academic debate. The course happens all day on a Tuesday and can be done (at no cost) alongside the Bristol Noise Internship.
2. Having a part time job.
Bristol Noise internship linked with either of the above options can be done alongside a part time job. We would encourage and recommend the life experience of working a ‘normal’ job alongside the internship!
If this appeals to you, have a pray about it and see what God is saying!
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Here is a quick glimpse into what Joe and Rachel thought of their internship year.